You might be a foodie if…
By Lisa L.
- You start a food blog.
- You subscribe to a food blog.
- You watch The Food Network more than you watch your kids.
- You know what a shallot is.
- You can recite the entire list of ingredients from a package and know what they are.
- You collect takeout menus.
- Food brings you an unexplainable pleasure, that comes from deep within.
- You don’t need Prozac, you have food.
- A grocery store is a vacation spot.
- You describe your night out beginning with what you ate.
- You think you could actually win on Iron Chef.
- You have pictures of food on your phone but no pictures of your loved ones.
- You wanted to see the movie “Life of Pi” because you thought it was about pie.
- Someone asks you what your favorite food is… and you say, “I have to choose just ONE?!”
- Your Facebook status is about food.
- Your friends tell you that conversations with you make them hungry.
- Your celebrity crushes are chefs.
- Your list of restaurants to try has more items than there are days in a year.
- Your pantry has 8 kinds of oil, 10 kinds of vinegar, 9 kinds of mustard, and 18 kinds of hot sauce (and the hot sauce may make you a redneck, too!)
- Cooking utensils make you emotional.
- You have a full spice rack, and a backup spice rack… just in case.
- Your cutting boards are colour-coded for the food that is to be cut upon them.
- You want a professional stove instead of a diamond engagement ring.
- When you see honey mustard vinaigrette on a menu, you need to know what kind of honey, what kind of mustard, and what kind of vinegar.
- You’ve ever been to an olive oil tasting.
- You will speed just to catch up with a food truck (again, this might also make you a redneck!).